Installing it on a debian jessie server does require some manual steps to have all features enabled.
The first step is to create a package in your SEP installation, simplest with a web downloadlink which you can later use to fetch the package via wget.
- Install Java 8
- Download JCE from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce8-download-2133166.html
- Install the cryptografic files into "/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/security"
- Ony 64-bit systems enable i386 packages and install glibc in 32bit edition
dpkg --add-architecture i386
apt-get install libc6:i386
- On 64-bit systems install the linux-headers to allow compilation of the realtime scan kernel modules
apt-get install linux-headers-amd64
- Download your SEP package from your server wget http://<your-sep-server>/EmailInstallPackages/xxxxxxxxxxxx/sep/SymantecEndpointProtection.zip
- Unzip zip package
- bash ./install.sh -i